CHKSTT YOUNG TRENCHLESS TECHNOLOGIST'S AWARD
The China Hong Kong Society for Trenchless Technology (CHKSTT) is an organisation whose objectives are to promote the use of trenchless technology for the benefit of the public. It is one of a family of over twenty societies throughout the world which are affiliated to the International Society for Trenchless Technology (ISTT) and thus has excellent links with the much wider international community of trenchless practitioners and researchers.
The award will be up to HK$7,000 to fund overseas travel to attend the upcoming Singapore International Water Week to be held from 1 to 5 July, 2012. The price shall be reimbursed to the candidate based on the actual cost of expenditures including air flight, accommodation, cost of enrollment for SIWW etc.
Applicants must be a student member of CHKSTT, aged under 35 years old on 31st December 2012, and have been employed/studied in some areas of work related to trenchless technology – for example, utility investigation, trenchless installation of conduits or cables, trenchless rehabilitation of pipes, inspection and/or condition assessment of buried conduits. Applicants must also be a student member of CHKSTT at the time of application
In order to apply for the CHKSTT Young Trenchless Technologist’s Award, applicants are required to write a 1000 word proposal outlining:-
1. what their current involvement in trenchless technology is;
2. presenting their findings of projects/studies in trenchless technology;
3. what they intend to do on their proposed overseas visit;
4. how such a visit will be of benefit to the applicant, their company and Hong Kong;
5. a budget showing how the award will be used; and;
6. a programme indicating how long they intend to spend in each location or on each activity outlined in their proposal;
Submission of Applications
Applications must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com on or before 5:00 pm on 10 April 2012. The award will be presented in our upcoming conference to be held on Friday 27 April 2012.